Florida Association for Career and Technical Education (FACTE) is an organization designed to facilitate professional leadership and partnerships essential for the successful preparation of individuals to participate in a world class workforce. Formed in 1926, FACTE is the only organization in the state of Florida that is solely dedicated to representing the interests of career and technical educators. Membership in the association is open to all individuals and organizations that support its purpose. FACTE serves to promote career and technical education in Florida by unifying all interests through representative membership. It strives to create a better understanding of career and technical education and encourage technical and professional growth among all educators. FACTE also encourages the development of local associations that will promote advocacy and professional development for career and technical education. FACTE comprises several divisions that support all areas of career and technical education. These include:
Florida Leadership for Career and Technical Education (FLCTE)
Florida Association of Agriculture Educators (FAAE)
Florida Association of Jr. Reserve Officers Training Corps Personnel (FAJROTC)
Florida Business Technology Education Association (FBTEA)
Diversified Cooperative Training/Work Experience Association of Florida (DCTAF/WEAF)
Florida Equity Associate of Career and Technical Educators (FEACTE)
Florida Educators of Family and Consumer Sciences (FEFACS)
Health Occupations Educators Association of Florida (HOEAF)
Florida Apprenticeship Association (FAA)
Occupational Specialist/Guidance Association (OSGA)
Florida Association of Marketing Educators (FAME)
Florida Special Needs Association (FSNA)
Florida Association of Technical and Industrial Educators (FATIE)
Florida Technology Education Association (FTEA)
Florida Career Pathways Network (FCPN)
Public Services (PUBLIC SVC)
Teacher Educators (TCHR ED)
There are five main goals of the Florida Association for Career and Technical Education:
1. FACTE works to encourage professional development by promoting networking, leadership development, and technical updating among members.
2. By fostering excellence in career and technical education, we work to continuously improve our local programs offered in schools statewide.
3. FACTE strives to advocate legislation and public policies that enhance career and technical education.
4. We also conduct activities that result in association growth through membership development, retention and satisfaction.
5. Finally, we strive to strengthen the image of career and technical education at all levels by developing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive marketing plan.