The Florida Energy Systems Consortium’s (FESC) leadership team and organizational structure assure that truly leading edge research and development of critical importance to the Florida and national economies are developed, world-class students in multiple disciplines of energy are trained, and industry reaps the full benefits of the Consortium’s activities. The Leadership Team of FESC is comprised of highly experienced, highly successful innovators from the various energy related research fields, education, outreach, industrial collaboration, technology commercialization, and economic development. The FESC Director, Dr. Jennifer Curtis, is accountable for all mission activities of the Consortium and is assisted in his efforts by a Steering Committee, and Associate Directors in Industrial Collaboration & Commercialization, Education & Outreach, and Program Development.
The goal of the consortium is to become a world leader in energy research, education, technology, and energy systems analysis.
The specific goals include:
- Coordinate and initiate collaborative interdisciplinary energy research among the universities and the energy industry.
- Share research results with a wide audience, including the science community, media, business, governments, and industry.
- Assist in the creation and development of a Florida-based energy technology industry
- Provide a state resource for objective energy systems analysis.
- Develop education and outreach programs to prepare a qualified energy workforce and informed public.